Friday, October 7, 2016

new opportunity for momma


I have a little job!!!!!!!!
With Families First Fort Saskatchewan, it is a fantastic organization.

"Fort Saskatchewan Families First Society is a charitable organization serving families through early childhood development, parenting programs and family support.  

When our community–our village–works together we will improve the lives of families. We create a safe environment to nurture future strong healthy generations.

We partner with other organizations and government initiatives to provide several of our programs and support efforts such as Parent-Child Mother Goose Program, Parent Link Centre programs, Triple P: Positive Parenting Program."


The girls and I have done numerous programs with them, I think 12 sessions of Parent Child Mother Goose actually.  I had planned to volunteer one morning a week helping with PCMG since both of my babies are in school now. It is a fantastic organization, one that I really want to help support. When I went to fill out forms, get criminal record check info for volunteering THEY OFFERED ME A 2 HOUR A WEEK POSITION!!!!!!!!!!  To say it touched my heart would be an understatement, I was thrilled that they thought of me.  After being at home for nearly 8 years, being away from a profession that I love (teaching) it was wonderful that someone wanted me.  Someone felt I had skills to offer.  Families First is piloting a 'New Parents Program' and my name came up as a possible facilitator, they asked if I would do it.  It has been a bit crazy for me, my head is spinning with excitement and ideas.  It will work out with Stella and her swimming program and then later hanging with Auntie Alyson and Neely for those 2 hours, so I don't feel like she will lose out on time with me.  It is really rather fantastic all around!!!  I also feel like I am setting the ground work for the years to come with the ladies at Families First, a place I am excited to be apart of.


I feel absolute excitement and nervousness about this!  I want to do a good job, I want to help create a program that newbie parents will enjoy.

 I have already had a few experiences with this new job where I have had to make choices.  I was invited to a Professional Development Day with Families First and it sounded amazing, the following day a letter came home for a field trip in Amelia's class. I immediately knew where I needed to be and where I wanted to be the most!!!  Alyson offered to cover for me but here is the thing, I will have years and years of opportunity for PD but I won't have years and years to go on school field trips with my daughter.  A staff meeting also came up during the afternoon when I would have little Stella with me.  It was interesting because when I responded saying I would have Stella and couldn't swing it they immediately said to bring her along!!! They even moved the meeting from the boardroom to the back area of the Families First Building - the area is called CHIPS and it the play area.  Just a little reminder that families really are first to them.

It is thrilling.

~ Mrs. P



1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are a truly inspirational person in my life! You are going to rock the job just like you rock being a Momma!! 😊😊