Wednesday, November 2, 2016

let them be little


We had doctors appointments in the city (the girls get their muscles checked every year and they get their hearts checked every 3 years - thankful for such great health services).  Usually when we are going into the city I consider what we can knock off the list when we go in.  Fort Saskatchewan isn't really far out but especially with the girls in school we don't head into 'the city' very much. On the todo list was hitting up Chapters and we ended up having the most fantastic time.  I wanted to get in/get out and grab what I needed but the kids corner really is so great, we ended up spending nearly an hour there.  We read and checked out the toys of course.  The neatest was that they have kid recommendations on some books and as we sat in an isle, like literally the three of us sat on the floor reading one of the employees asked if we had any recommendations.  Amelia is a fan of Mo Williams and Stella had fallen in love with a book about Sloths, so we filled out a bunch of stickers with their names and the employee stuck them on the books we recommended.  As we finally left Chapters like an hour later I was filled with such joy, I think each of us were.  We love books!!!  It was one of those parenting choices where I could have pushed us to keep hustling through our to do list or pause and let them be little, enjoy the bookstore for heaven sake!!! So glad we chose the later.


This little woman is a perfect fit for our family!  She reminds me to slow down, literally she will ask if we can go home from playdates or when we are running errands.  When I give her choices for what we can do for her after kinder she will usually ask to craft or play in her room, or snuggle and read. She waits patiently for sister to come home from school and then they play together, bicker a little bit too but likes when we are all together! Stella girl has been a strong little woman since birth, she knows what she likes and wants.  She absolutely contributes to the feeling in our home and helps us to slow down, chill. 
 Love this little gal!


~ Momma P

No comments: