As we roll along in shutdown mode I am reminded daily of the important roles of both mother and father. I have more gratitude for the place Mr. P has in our lives. While his long hours and diligence at work take him away from us, I know it is necessary and we have much gratitude for his good job.
We continually choose to look at the positives. One of which is that night shift allows him to see the girls more then when he works days on a shutdown. He can join the gals for breakfast and they get to wake him up before he heads off at night. We miss him terribly though, miss him terribly.
We continually choose to look at the positives. One of which is that night shift allows him to see the girls more then when he works days on a shutdown. He can join the gals for breakfast and they get to wake him up before he heads off at night. We miss him terribly though, miss him terribly.
Lots of love for these ladies! Surviving shutdown has become easier in someways now that they are older. There is a definitely hole in our family when Dad isn't around, definitely meant to be the other leading half. I try to take the little moments that come to snuggle them and tell them how much I love them. Some days are challenging and I regret how I handle the sass talk or stubbornness but being a mother is the greatest job.
Being a parent is truly the best!
"Do we teach our sons and daughters there is no greater honor, more more elevated title, and no more important role in this life than that of mother or father?" ~ Bonnie L. Oscarson
~ Mrs. P
No comments:
Post a Comment