Monday, December 4, 2017

loving all things gingerbread



 The Christmas season seems to have alot of food related traditions hahaha
This year I took the easy route and have no regrets, we were able to do our special things with less mess and greater ease....I call that success!

Pillsbury had premade gingerbread men on sale so I bought a few packs of those and whipped up some icing. It made for a fun FHE and shockingly our dad was on his day off from his crazy shutdown hours. It was pretty special that we got to decorate with him.  We made some deliveries to neighbours and we were all smiling - it feels so good to be kind #lighttheworld



Often we do gingerbread houses with our cousins but we've been sick so much that we did these with our little fam jam.  I have a recipe and pattern for homemade gingerbread and one day I will do that but we took the convenient route again.  Costco sells assembled houses that come with packs of candy. Coupled with our leftover Halloween candy (I always save the leftovers in our pantry) we had quite the selection.



 I just loved looking into the den and seeing the 'Joy to the World' chalkboard the girls made, the 'Be Merry' banner from my sweet friend Christa and then the village my mom gave us with our gingerbread houses. This view just makes me happy and feel all Christmasy inside.

~ Mrs. P

No comments: