Wednesday, December 6, 2017

our deer girls


How could I not title this post with a cheesy line?! It is just how I role. Our dear girls have been blowing my mind with how capable and kind they are becoming....it makes my mother heart so proud.  When we pull out decorations there is a stash of hats and antlers because I had to buy them for a young women activity years ago and they have surprisingly lasted a long time!!! They have been helping decorate so much this year, they have been super helpful.  The girls have fun playing around with the festive head pieces and wearing them throughout the month.  I like the adorable pictures I get of my darlings.


With 'Light The World' one of the daily suggestions was to do random acts of kindness.  The girls decided we should bring candy canes to school and hand them out in each of their classes, just to be kind.  It was so well received and so wonderful that the following day I picked up another box and when we went to our doctors apt we offered candy canes to complete strangers and wished them a 'Merry Christmas'!!!  Now I am a pretty out going person so this wasn't hard for me but my girls are a touch more timid.  The people we came across in the parkade were adults, in the elevators mostly adults and in the lobby mostly adults, that was intimidating BUT something amazing happened as I began offering the candy canes and the girls witnessed the smiles on strangers, they WANTED to do it too!  They literally witnessed serious faces turn to smiles and in this simple gesture we helped to light the world around us.  These girls of ours, capable and kind.


~ Mrs. P

No comments: