Thursday, April 25, 2013

pressing forward



This has been a HARD week!  My littlest girl has been fighting a cold and my big girl is getting up earlier and earlier with the sun, not very fun times at my house I tell ya. Our Dad is on Day 25 of his Shutdown which is roughly another 35-40 days, we miss him terribly but we are thankful for his good job.  He is a hard working guy and we love the morning surprises of Tim Hortons or Rice Crispies that he brings home.  We also love jumping on him to wake the poor dude for his night shift, the girls really love the jumping on him part!!!
 
Doing everything solo is hard, no way around it - HARD!  I have added admiration for families that are lead by single parents.  While my littles are such a blessing it doesn't mean it is without challenge, goodness does it have it's challenges...whining, fighting, tantrums (sounds very normal in writing actually ha!).  We are pressing forward.  I have had some great conversations this week with friends, received some encouraging texts and listened to a few really great talks from General Conference earlier this month.  I feel a bit better and am very grateful that our week will be ending on a better note than it began.  I am trying to keep prospective that sickness will pass and sleeping patterns are just that patterns that change.  I also had the thought the other day that I just need to smile.  Smile more!! 
 
We were lucky to snag a spot in the spring Rhyme & Story time Program and played around outside afterwards the other day just enjoying the long awaited spring weather.  I love Mia's nose scrunched smile, adorbs! I love this picture of my ladies.  They asked that I lift them up onto the big 'chair'.
 
~ Mrs. P

No comments: