Wednesday, May 1, 2013

oh my darlings

 



 Oh my sweet darlings!!
We march on.

I must say that this week was a lot better then last.  Stella cut a tooth and I have really tried to smile more!  Despite getting more snow on the weekend (it's suppose to be spring) we still had lots of fun times around this place the last few days.  It has been a week where we seemed to have struck the perfect balance between getting out and staying home.  A fun birthday party was the source of these adorable crowns that my ladies decorated.

I have randomly been asking my darling Amelia "what her favourite part of the day was?" I have not done this consistently but felt like it might help bring a positive groove back to our house.  On Saturday after we had a jam packed day of swimming lessons, lunch with friends, church swimming party...she responded "swimming with you mom".  OHHHHHH awesomeness!!!!  Especially because I do not like swimming and almost tried to get out of it.  It was the highlight for her and I am so glad we went together.  FYI Stella had a special day playing with Grandma Hinko :) 

The coolest thing happened last night with my darling Stella, she said "I LOVE YOU"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Well her toddler attempt, but it was definitely I LOVE YOU!!  Honestly, it totally wiped away the stress and frustration of last week.  Each night before bed we cuddle in the rocker and share a few stories n songs, just the two of us.  Advice from a friend has caused me to look at this time together differently.  Since Stella was a year we have had this little bedtime routine but I sometimes want to rush it along and get to my post bed 'me' time (me time is important but) my Stella totally needs her routine AND also really needs touch and time from me.  I am learning that this time is soooooo important to her, I just see it differently.  Oh always growing as a momma!!!!

This week I am grateful for prayer, good friends advice and a husband with a listening ear.  I might not have survived the week without them.  Also, grateful for forgiveness.  Glad that my girls forgive me and glad that I can pray for help to be better.

~ Momma P

 
Some wise words here...
 


No comments: