We are so lucky to have these precious ladies and all so lucky to have each other.
They are blessed to have a built in best friend, a built in teacher and a built in playmate. Man oh man how lucky they are to have one another, sisters! It is still baffling at times to think they we have TWO CHILDREN, craziness!!!! We (I) made TWO CHILDREN. Graham and I had years where every prayer uttered contained our plea, our desire to be parents. There were so many conversations, decisions, adoption interviews, classes, fertility appointments....tears....and now we have TWO BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN.
A week ago today was Mother's Day, it is a precious day for me. My feelings on this day have evolved as I have grown and learned. There have been tears but also tremendous growth, for which I am grateful for. I control my emotions, my outlook. I have personally learned many things on my quest to be a mother. Graham and I have grown together as a couple. In years past I've been asked to speak at church and have talked about 'Mothering' because every woman on earth has the ability to 'mother' the children around her. I truly believe this and found peace in the opportunity I had to show love to the little folk in my class at school and the young folk around me in general. There is something precious and tender about being a mother now, after longing for this role. It is both tougher and better then I thought.
"The work of a mother is hard, too often unheralded work. Please know that it is worth it then, now, and forever...
Mothers, cherish that role that is so uniquely yours and for which heaven itself sends angels to watch over you and your little ones. Yours is the work of salvation, and therefore you will be magnified, compensated, made more than you are, better than you are, and better than you have ever been. "
~ Elder Jeffery R. Holland
Reading this quote recently reminded me that as long as I am daily doing my best I will be made more than I am. What a great promise!?!
~Mrs. P
No comments:
Post a Comment