Monday, May 6, 2013

The KINDNES Jar


In Joy School (our mom run preschool co-op) last month the JOY we focused on was: Communication, Relationships and Kindness
 
We did some fun stuff like gifting a secret friend, discussing kind words we can use, body language, manners but the thing that I loved the most were these 'Kindness/Manner Jars' the kiddos made.  Whenever the girls remembered to use manners or I noticed them doing kind acts I would write it on a little piece of paper and put it in the jar.  Super coolness happened when every 3-4 days I grab the jar and read them out to the ladies.  They LOVED it!  I LOVED how it made me more aware of the good things my kiddos are actually doing.  Sometimes it seems that as mothers we are always correcting or reminding so it was refreshing to focus on the good.  I think the Kindness Jar is totally something we will stash away and pull out whenever our family needs a kick in the butt to be kind or use kind words.  It was just cool.
 
~ Mrs. P

No comments: