Monday, July 29, 2013

First Time Out

Long Lake 2013
 
We planned our maiden voyage to just be an over night adventure in preparation for a few longer adventures to come. We give our first night big smiles!!
 






 
We had our first night out camping in the Springdale Trailer and it was a blast!!!
SO MUCH FUN.
 
Initially we planned to park at Skeleton Lake where Graham's Dad has a lake lot and Jennifer has her trailer parked but it had been raining so we snagged a spot at Long Lake instead.  (they came over for an evening snack though)  When we arrived it was still raining so we all had to channel our inner positivity but once the awning was out and dinner cooking things got kind of fun.  The rain stopped and we went for a little walk where a sweet girl asked if we needed any little kid camping chairs - which we did!  Her dad nodded and she went to grab two mini chairs, so awesome, so kind.  In the 24 hours we were there we had so many sweet family moments.  I am particularly fond of our family picture and then this picture of our girls holding hands.....already camping is sooooo worth it!  I will probably never say I enjoy the smoky smell or enjoy the dirt BUT I already enjoy the moments together.  Also awesome is that we had no cell service, which meant no digital distractions.

 
~ Mrs. P


No comments: