There is a peace that can only be found at the temple.
Even being in the flower garden around the temple brought a peaceful feeling. After playing in the city the other morning we ended up being blocks from the temple and in need of a lunch break so the idea came to picnic on the temple grounds. It ended up being AWESOME and BEAUTIFUL and SPECIAL!!!!! We ate and talked about covenants, obedience and the blessings of the temple.
It was sooooo lovely.
( I just love these two BFFs)
I was able to tell my girls that they would 'come with me to the temple' when I was pregnant with them and that I couldn't wait to go again with them someday. We walked around the outside looking at the flowers and the beautiful stained glass windows, we just took it all in. We didn't go in and the little ladies won't have that opportunity until they are twelve years old, however it was nice to be there with them.
Just being 'around' made me think about my university days. I hadn't yet taken the next step to receive the endowment ordinances so couldn't attend the temple other then for baptisms BUT I would often leave my tiny basement suite bedroom and drive to the temple just to sit in the parking lot or take a minute on one of the benches. In the craziness of that phase of life; school, career choices, dating, engagement...the temple brought peace...even just the grounds. I am grateful for the temple! In our early years of marriage as we longed for children and struggled with decisions regarding what choices to make, we always found peace at the temple. Often escaping from the world allowed us to refocus and have the ability to see things clearly and gave us the strength to press forward. Now as we go to temple we are thankful for the peace and strength we receive as parents trying our best to raise some awesome young ladies. There really is no other place that compares.
I love to see the temple!
I loved going to see it with my ladies and the sweet Watson ladies.
John 14:27
Peace I leave with you,
My peace I give unto you:
Not as the world giveth, give I unto you.
Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
~ Mrs. P

No comments:
Post a Comment