Friday, July 26, 2013

Strolling Along - Enjoying the SWEET SPOT

 
Tonight after a pizza dinner we headed out to enjoy the cool breeze after a hot, busy day.  The house was too hot to cook, so Papa John's cooked for us hahaha!
 
The Polischuk ladies had a super wonderful day spent with friends and family having adventures at Jurassic Forest.  Meanwhile our Dad stayed back and although he had the day off he needed to take care of some things at our rental house and then went all worker bee building shelves in the shed.  It was kind of one of those awesome, productive days that leaves you longing to lay on the couch but our house was pretty warm so we opted for a post dinner walk in the breeze and boy was it a good choice.
 
I recently read an article talking about being over 'THE BLUR' of wee little babes and being in a family 'SWEET SPOT'...I totally feel this way...so well put.  As we walked along the path behind our house I reflected on each of us, we are totally in a family 'sweet spot'.  There are still epic tantrums and parental guilt over bad parenting but as we walked along I felt truly happy.   Mr. P and I holding hands between him running when the girls yelled "fastest (until we corrected them in saying "faster").  I felt absolute gratitude for each member of this little family I've been blessed with, right down to our precious pup Tula.  I love it that the girls wanted her in the wagon and frankly she was happy to be in there, especially when Mr. P would get running and her ears could flap in the wind. We picked a cat tail to feel and investigate, it was just one of those awesome days.
 
I am going to be determined to enjoy this 'sweet spot' a little more.
~ Mrs. P


No comments: