Tuesday, August 5, 2014

ol' macdond's farm for the day

 These adorable faces are the offspring of three really good friends from high school, oh and my girls are in there too.  We had a camping date with Amy, Jodi, Julie and Brandi. The five of us with our families gathered together a few weekends ago at Ol' Macdonald's Farm near Red Deer.  Our family only ended up making it a day trip because baby Max was still in the hospital but it was stilll soooooooo fun!!  Ironically three of us have two daughters, two years apart all with in a 3 year age span. one friend has a little boy and is expecting in the new year, our other friend has an adorable dog that my girls went crazy for.  I only had my phone for pictures and sadly didn't get a group shot of the adults.

The location was great!  We had heard good things about it thus picking it as a gathering place.  The parks were fun, the girls were into the train and even rain in the evening did not put a 'damper' (get it) on the fun had by all. The kiddos got along great!!  They are all basically into the same things; princesses, colouring, crafting and games. They stayed busy and the adults enjoyed visiting and catching up. Brandi and Julie I haven't seen in 3 years since Julie's wedding - what!  It was suggested we do a pot luck dinner and it was off the hook scrumptious!!!!!  Definitely need to plan to do that again.


 Serious princess play happening above and snow cone awesomeness happening below.  Amy n Jeff have a sweet machine for slush drinks and snow cones, fun!
 I would give the petting zoo at the campground a 2/5. While they had some neat things like the peacock, everything was behind a chainlink fence :(  Or for the horse a wire fence.

 Friendships rekindled and fast friends with new acquaintances. I love watching how kiddos do that.
 As we talked parenting, we noticed a theme with all of our second born children.....adorableness and a strong will!  I must say it is a tad bit reassuring.  Makes one not feel so alone when you have tough parenting moments.
 Rides and rain! Fun times I say!
Catching raindrops on tongues and Ring-Around-The-Rosy are so classic.

 There is a sweet comfort in friendships that have spanned many years.  These ladies I have known since grade nine and Brandi even earlier.  They have seen all of my hair styles, clothing choices, boyfriends, cheered me through some of life's challenges, celebrated the joys with me and although sometimes time passes between visits I know they are there.  I appreciate our friendship, great ladies!

~ Jenny

No comments: