Saturday, April 25, 2015

Chicks ROCKIN our world



Things have been THRILLING at our house!  
Seriously, little chicks have been ROCKIN our world. Wednesday morning was actually day 20 but we noticed a few eggs had cracks showing and the entire day we were in and out of the den peaking in on the incubator to see if there were any changes. It wasn't until 11 o'clock when everyone else had gone to bed did our first little chickie hatch out. Grandma Hinko was sleeping so I called and woke Alyson to tell her the news.  I had been up folding laundry eagerly waiting.  It was incredible to watch and I ended up staying up until 1:30 and was able to watch another two hatch out, it was so cool!

Amelia Ann usually sneaks into my bed sometime after midnight and when the woman woke and tried to come she noticed me in watching the new chick and was pumped up! It was fun to see her all sleepy smiling and so excited.


Thursday continued to be a day of 'watching, watching, watching'.
One of my hopes with this hatching was that my little Joy School people would be able to witness a hatch and they DID!!!!!!  

It felt bit like we have been living in this perpetual edge of your seat, excitement, anticipating every new little chick....waiting each arrival and then naming and looking at their unique colours combinations. It has been an incredible experience!  We have made it a learning experience too because I am a nerd and that is how I roll. We decorated the box, we have graphed and have written about a chick's life cycle and read poems, oh and the best was watching my little Joy School people do the chicken dance!  It has been a blast.  


There is just something amazing watching life unfold before your eyes.  It has been such a wonderful experience for our family


~ Momma P

No comments: