These two goof balls are simply the greatest gift and if these are the only two folks that join our family here on earth we are counting ourselves extremely blessed. I know that all children are miracles but truly our children are miracles!!!!! The last few months I have gotten a bit sad each time it was confirmed that I was sadly not pregnant so Graham took a minute and did some calculations....we have a 2.5% success rate for conception....all of the possible months of our nearly 13 year marriage went into that number....not really sure if I am happy to know that or not hahahahaha! What I do know is that it has made me again look at our little women as the greatest gift I have been given and the greatest responsibility I have here.
I continue to have moments of sadness creep into my heart. I recently saw one of our neighbors emerge after a long winter and she had an adorable pregnant belly. I smiled and waved from across the street, it was the best I could do and as I got into my car the tears rolled down from behind my sunglasses as I thought I would have had a pregnant tummy like that if only...
Can't camp out in that grief though. Feel it and let it go has truly become my creed. I have sweet people in my life who are sensitive and say or do the very thing my heart seems to need, not just in regard to our loss but life in general and I am so grateful.
Back to our little women being our greatest gift, THEY ARE! This is motivation for me to step it up more. Step up aspects of my life I need to and I am thankful for the motivation. I am a woman who needs motivation so perhaps knowing the 2.5% statistic is a good thing ;)
~ Mrs. P
No comments:
Post a Comment