Monday, April 6, 2015

the Great-Grands

 Any day we get to hang with these adorable people is a good day indeed!
My grandparents, my ladies Great-Grands are pretty much the best.  We drove into the city with the Bird ladies, met up with Leslie and had a lunch that filled our bellies and a visit that fed our souls. Oh how blessed we are to have them close and how lucky I feel to call my Gma a friend. They model a marriage that I aspire to and show such service and unconditional love....truly wonderful examples.

My Gramma's vision is almost gone, where she now sees various shades of grey or only high contrast like black on white. She is AMAZING!!!!!! Amelia crawled up on Gramma as she lay on the couch, Amelia had the Friend magazine in hand and began talking with Gramma about the pictures.  It was a tender moment to hear my sweet Gramma explain that she couldn't see the pictures anymore and then listen to Amelia describe the image of a mother holding a baby.  I sat across the room with tears in my eyes. What grace Gramma shows as she faces this challenge, what tenderness she shows to those around her.  I so want to be the kind of woman she is.  She strives for goodness with all of her Might, Mind and Strength, you can just see it!! 
So grateful for my Gparents or Great-Grands (to my ladies)!!!

~ Mrs. P

No comments: