We moved from Fort McMurray 10 years ago and since moving here I have done Christmas baking with my Grandma Hinko....that is 10 YEARS FOLKS!!! When Alyson moved here she joined in, when Leslie lived in Edmonton she joined us, it is a treasured tradition. As the little women get older they are participating more and more, I love it! We have a steady stream of Christmas music playing and the mixer barely has time to rest, the oven is going non stop. This year we made up 8 different recipes which resulted in just under 3000 pieces of baking in 48 hours! We went really hard. My Grandma Hinko turns 75 years old in March but I dare say she has more stamina then me, that strong farming background is just no comparison to my city kid life style hahahaha.
The Rice Crispy Marshmellow Balls, they are scrumptious and messy but pretty darn fun to make. Chopsticks with baking, yes please said my girls.
Jacey's bus driver dropped her off at my house and I just adore this woman. I missed her arrival by 5 min because I was driving car pool for Amelia but she was pretty pumped up to be over after school. The togetherness and the yummy baking are the two parts I adore. I even love thinking about what we can have for lunch and dinner that will allow us to continue to use the stove and counters. It is just such a pleasure.
We have gotten our favourite recipes down to a pretty efficient system; our grocery list, amounts the recipe makes, tweeks to recipes and tins/bags/foils. Typically we all chat making a list and then one of us shops, the list goes up in on the kitchen cupboard and we go to it. I love us all working side by side together in the kitchen.
Seeing the final product always makes us smile, it feels like Christmas, it smells like Christmas and it totally tastes like Christmas. My favourite picture from our baking days this year is the one from below...these hands working together <3 br="">3>
~ Mrs. P
No comments:
Post a Comment