I love the season!!!! I love the fun shirts that are out there now, seriously how can such silly things make me smile? They do. It is perhaps my career choice as an elementary school teacher, wearing seasonal clothing and jewellery would not be mocked hahaha! Now that I am a mother and at home I feel like I can totally work that angle too, adding to the merriment of our home. Anyway I had to snap a picture before bedtime because even Graham is in on the festive clothing, we just happen to kinda match ;) I seriously LOVE this guy!!!!
We also had a fun event at school, a Winter Wonderland Express! It was an evening in lieu of a Christmas Concert. I have to admit when I read about it in the school newsletter I was a bit sad, however I completely understand the reasoning behind it. The school is at population capacity, a new school in our area is set to open in 2016 (although it will likely be later) so there are 3 or 4 classes for each grade which would makes for a lot of children and a whole lot of parents. In the past they have broken the Christmas Concert into two evenings with an afternoon performance for each and then a limit of 3 tickets per night, per family....so sad not to be able to go watch as a whole family or have Grandparents join, literally though there is a fire code to keep in mind. The event the staff planned was great fun and I think most parents would agree that it added to the excitement of the season. We were greeted at the door and given a Polar Passport and traveled from classroom to classroom doing activities and collecting passport stamps, it was excellent!
REINDEER RACES
GINGER BREAD DECORATING
SNOWMEN POPCORN
A quick family picture in front of Amelia's classroom which was a Story & Hot Chocolate stop :) Also to be noted, I helped with the bulletin board displays throughout the school. I love that kind of stuff and try to be around the school as much as I can. Next year I can even kick it up a notch with Stella in Kindergarten. I seriously love school and all that is encompassed in the beauty of public education! As we saw neighbours and friends throughout the evening there was such a sense of community and great joy as we encouraged one anothers littles, it was a blast! The school choir still sang and one can't help be filled with love for the season as children sing. It was a lovely evening!!!
~ Mrs. P
No comments:
Post a Comment