Christmas is one of my most favourite times of year. The traditions and the opportunity to spend extra time with family, oh and the food, must not forget the food. With so many ways to celebrate I am eager to start #LIGHTtheWORLD an initiative put out by our church;
Since a new star first appeared above Bethlehem, Christmas has been a
season of light, reminding us that Jesus Christ is the light of the
world. Together, we can celebrate His birth by making the world a
brighter place. All we have to do is follow Him—His life, His example,
and His teachings. In doing so, we can help #LIGHTtheWORLD.
Each day there is an aspect of the Savior's life we get to focus on, a video and ideas of ways to make that part of our day. Be His hands in the world, in our home. We also do Advent Bags in our family and this is a much, much anticipated tradition. Each day for the month of December the girls get to open a bag with a little gift and an ornament with a name for Jesus Christ and a scipture....it is darn cool. Really after I like to try and enjoy the month, each of the activities we choose to participate in that are special this season. I love sharing it all with my family! Loved the quote by Jeffrey R. Holland, I feel like it sums up my feeling about the season well.
We do it all because of Him.
~ Mrs. P


No comments:
Post a Comment