There was some serious excitement in our home this year,
all in anticipation of June 10th the day Amelia Ann turned 4!!!!!!
She now knows that it is a special day.
We honoured both Amelia and Stella with our extended family the previous weekend so Amelia already felt like she was 4, it was rather funny trying to explain that the actual day had yet to arrive. The night before her REAL day was full of excitement and seriously enthusiasm though!! Love it!! We had a lovely pancake breakfast topped with four sparklers, birthday hat and song. She was smiles the whole time, which totally made us smile. She almost always finds her way to our bed in the morning so Graham just dumped a dozen balloons on her head as she sat playing in the morning, the thought was to have her wake up with a bedroom full of balloons. Alas, I was to slow with the camera and didn't get a picture. I do love these pics of her smiling in her pj's and party hat.
It worked out rather perfect to have a few friends over Monday morning to party and play, it was her actual bday. I seriously LOVE the party prep and watching it all unfold. A big thanks to sweet friends for helping out and helping celebrate!!!
This pic was the best sister shot I got....boo!!!! They actually had a fun time, contrary to what the picture would lead one to believe.
So I actually made the cake and didn't even shed tears....I was close a few times but the castle cake turned out. Cake making is not my strength but I know soon enough the ladies will be asking for DQ so I am trying to embrace the opportunity. We played a few games but a highlight was reading 'The Paper Bag Princess' and making dragons. The story is soooooooo good and the little folk were captivated. It was such a great day!!!!
More to come on a later post about our Amelia at 4,
I had her do a questionnaire.....such fun!
Happy Birthday our sweet girl!
~ Mrs. P

No comments:
Post a Comment