Last weekend we did some road tripping around our province. We were off down south with intentions to visit Medicine Hat via Calgary, however flooding devastation occurred and we skirted around east instead and scooted back home leaving Medicine Hat just as their city was bracing for the river to rise and flooding to hit. It was scary to watch and read about, devastating for many families and a whole community was affected in almost its entirety. Sadness for it all!
We did make the best of our family time and quick visit with the Jacober family. It was awesome to celebrate Amy's first 'Smart Start' home built by her business, we are so proud of her hard work. Also so fun to watch our girlies together, it is rather special that we both have two daughters. Good friends rock!!! They are comfortable and the history there allows for a pretty good understanding of one another, it is worth the effort to stay connected as our lives ebb and flow. There are times I wish I had been a better friend in other friendships because I gain so much from the awesome women in my life, much to learn. Wish I had taken a picture of Amy and I in front of her house...goodness we didn't get one together. Sometimes I am not so good with my camera.
~ Mrs. P
No comments:
Post a Comment