Tuesday, June 4, 2013

OAA #1 visiting an egg in Vegreville

We FINALLY have our dad back!!!! YEAH shutdown is finished!!!!!
 
About 20 times today....and I am not over estimating when I say that today Amelia (quickly followed by Stella)  professed their love for their dad about 20 times! 
For reals it could not get any cuter then hearingour Amelia say  "guess what?"
we respond "what?"
Amelia says  "I really love you!" or "I love you and you are really handsome/beautiful today!"
we say "thank you sweetheart, we love you too and think you are a lovely girl, very pretty!"
Stella will say "duess what mommy or daddy?"
we respond "what?"
Stella says "I wove you mommy or daddy!"
we say "we love you too sweetheart!"
Melting our hearts!!!!!! 
It was a super special day just because we were able to be together.  The way it should be - our little family playing, eating, talking TOGETHER.  Mr. P finished his last night shift Sunday night and it has been heavenly ever since.  He has the week off and is swinging back into 'normal' life.  We had an exciting weekend with a double Sesame Street themed Birthday Party for Amelia & Stella (pictures to come bc my super talented cousin Emma offered to come and take pictures).  Then on Sunday baby Neely was Blessed and we celebrated that special ordinance as well as our momma's birthday after church.  Boo ya a family fun filled weekend! Love it! 
 
Today was our first TOTAL family day with no distractions or previous commitments.  We decided to start working on a family goal established after hearing the idea from friends.  Alberta has a lot of 'odd' statues/structures/attractions in cities and towns so why no endeavor to take a family picture in front of them.  Ha!  So fun, who doesn't want a family picture in front of a giant pysanka in Vegreville or the UFO landing pad in Cold Lake?  Really what a fun goal to have.  I just keep thinking of the ridiculous scrapbook I can make.  The big sausage in Mundare....doesn't really look  like a sausage if you know what I mean.  Anyway a fun challenge that we started today.
 
Odd Alberta Attraction #1  Vegreville's Pysanka 04/06/13
The egg even rotates as the wind blows.  The girls both took turns on their dad's shoulders trying to touch it, but sadly it was just beyond their reach.  I did not go on dad's shoulder to attempt touching it.
 
Our women love their trains and this was restored so beautifully.

 
Fun fact to be noted about the day:  BOTH girls really wanted to wear a pair of their matching church shoes (yes, they have numerous sets) and in an effort to avoid conflict they put them on but I also grabbed comfy and practical shoes for each girl.  After our egg picture we started drifting farther and farther from the vehicle which held our practical shoes and once the park was within sight there was no going back.....so bah this kind of sums up my women - love their fancy foot wear but not afraid to play hard!!!! 
 
Princess Amelia freaked over this 'tower' and insisted that daddy pretend to be Flynn Ryder from Tangled.  It was hilarious to hear her bossing around Graham as she played.  Stella had to get in on it too!!!!  Adorbs!

 Can time stand still?  Can these ladies just stay like this forever?  Oh how we love them.


Honestly the day could not have been more perfect!  It was precious just getting to be together, no timeline or work.  A blast, a total blast!!!!!  I feel like a very blessed woman.
 
~ Mrs. P
 
Oh and a Happy Birthday to my wonderful momma because today is her real birthday!  We are so lucky to have her.
 


No comments: