Monday, September 2, 2013

celebrations


This week is big for us, my birthday and our anniversary both happen on August 29th.
It has been so fun for me, celebrating with our little family, friends and Mr.P!!!! 
 
 
On Thursday the 29th we actually attended a family work event for the hubs at Fort Edmonton Park, it was a blast.  A train ride, face painting, photo booth and a mini carnival made for a super fun evening.  Stella even wore underwear the whole day and didn't have an accident. I consider this a spectacular gift and we still don't even want to speak of it for fear of jinxing the potty training progress we have going on with Miss Stella.  Let's just say she is amazing us!!!!!  The day was also made special with beautiful flowers and tons of chocolate and sweet cards/notes that I have already re-read, totally warms my heart.  It was just such a lovely day!  The celebrating didn't even end there... on Friday sweet friends came by with brownies and even more love, I was soooo touched.  What a treasure good friends are!!!  I am richly blessed.  I was even sang to and wore a crown!
 
 

Another highlight of the week was the date Mr.P and I snuck in Friday night!  It is our tradition - 11 years running to hit up the temple to be reminded of our marriage covenant.  We LOVE going to the temple, especially together!  Dinner after was my choice and because I am a fan of pasta (I get this from my dad) we slipped into Chianti for some eats.  A charming corner table suited us fine as we chatted about the past 11 years and shared some dreams for the future.  The waitress kept asking us questions because we were dressed all spiffy.  Once we mentioned celebrating our anniversary by going to the temple she said she too was LDS.  Graham did look a little hard core churchie in his white shirt and tie but I liked it!!!  It actually kind of feels good to stand out.  The restaurant was on Whyte Ave and the whole area around the University was buzzing with returning students. This totally added to our reminiscing because 12 years ago, only 3 months after we started dating I headed off to Edmonton to attend the UofA.  Oh so many memories, it is crazy the history we've already created...good times, hard times, fun times!
 


 ~ Mrs. P

 


No comments: