Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Unparented for the first time!!!!!

Before
 
After

 
Graham worked with a guy who's dream was to buy an isolated farm, be self sustainable and keep his children close.  He was a great guy but I remember kind of laughing when I heard that thinking 'what good does that do for your kids to smother and isolate them?'  BUT I get it now!!!!!  This seems a little silly but I kind of had a moment the other morning as I left Amelia and two of her little buddies at the pool for the first time.  There is a great little program they run there and it seemed like a good fit, so they get to have a fun time there each week.  She has been enjoying it and is eager to show me her craft and tell me all that she has done.  It has been a little growth and change to our family routine.  Amelia and Stella are rarely apart but it has been special for Stella and I to have time together, she says we are having a "date" - LOVE IT!

Having our big girl heading off alone makes me want to savour my time with her even more. Next year it is Kindergarten, crazy.  I cherish her and am so grateful that I get to be her mother.  It is beautiful to watch her grow and hear her stories, see her experience interesting things and knowing that she is going out, being a light in the world.

~ Momma P

No comments: