Our Dad is currently working another shutdown and while I know it is hard for him to work crazy, long hours with minimal days off....pretty much the same could be said of my job aka Mom! I love, love, love being a mother but really appreciate when back-up aka Dad is around. Alas, this is our road and I know it will end so we march on. I must say that the weather has been SPECTACULAR!!!! So warm and beautiful. The leaves are starting to change and the geese have been flying for weeks now but we've been landing temps close to 30c so that totally rocks. Consequently, we have used this extended summer to enjoy more outside time and we hit the Legislature with some friends last week....a blast was had by all! It is hilarious to watch the little personalities and relationships grow. It was hard for us to leave because it was seriously so lovely. I treasure the friendships I have made here in Fort Sask. There are quite a few women who encourage and support me, I learn a ton watching them mother and aspire to develop attributes I see in them for myself. Very thankful for good friends I say!
Who doesn't love a good visit to McDonald's?!
A kind of sad morning was changed over into a good day with a little help from my sweet friends. I just woke up pretty sad; missing my Mr. P, missing my pup Tula and sad that my baby is really no longer a baby (wearing underwear and sleeping in a big kid bed) sheesh! I think it just all kind up got mixed together and erupted that day. My friends swooped in and we had a lunch date, good chit chat was just what I needed. My parents are 5 hours away and both of my sisters were busy, sooooooo very grateful for good friends. And honestly, how lucky are my little women to have these fabulous peers? The kiddos of my friends, we certainly appreciate them.
Her eyes and pensive stare just get me every time!
~ Mrs. P
No comments:
Post a Comment