Can I just say that basically shutdowns are NOT COOL! Sure, sometimes there are benefits but they are mostly not cool.
We seriously miss Mr. P and I have been feeling like I am barely staying a float. We are on week four of our dad working A LOT and it is not fun at all....for any of us!! This will carry on for a few more weeks, boo. There is my little slip into negativity. I totally had many moments today where I was not my best self, I was a pretty bad version actually, ugh and it pains me thinking about how I handled things. Here I have these precious little women and have many good things in my life, yet I get bogged down, react poorly. It was pretty bad by dinner time and as I sat down again trying to gather, encourage and rally a family meal I felt a bit defeated before it really started. Stella maybe had two bites, tossed half of her rice to the floor and Amelia kept getting on and off, on and off her seat, fluttering around like a butterfly. I sent a few texts trying to snag a sitter, forget it being Family Night - I needed out. No one was free but my sweet, sweet sister Alyson called in the middle of my melt down and came over to stay with the girls and sent me off....the picture below is from a much better day!!!!
I hit the mall for some retail therapy (perhaps not super healthy) but we needed a few groceries and I wanted to hit Target to check summer clearance items. As I walked around alone I totally thought about different points in the day where I could have reset the course we were all travelling. As hard as it is for Mr. P and myself, the girls feel it too. I know they feed off of my energy and attitude. I came to a few conclusions:
1) They totally miss their dad too! Having him around makes us a better family and we all feel it when he has to work a lot. I need to empathize a little more with them.
2) I need to be doing what I know I need to be doing, really studying my scriptures and making sure that I am pumping up the spirit in our home. If I do my part to ensure we are spiritually fed, I know that can have a big impact...I've felt it before.
3) Take care of myself! I become this crazy night owl and do not eat properly when Mr. P isn't here. I have a great routine for the girls but I don't often make it happen for myself. MUST do this!
Anyway a few little thoughts as we all continue to stay a float!
We have done some fun things. Decorating and trying our new butterfly pancake mold, coolness.
~ Mrs. P
2 comments:
Jenny, you should totally bring your girls over here for a play date and do something fun for yourself! Seriously! We are always here! You are a fabulous mamma. Hang in there.
Ahhh sista! It is hard, but you rock! Taking care of your mental and physical health is key. Glad we live close and I can spell you off for a bit here and there. Love ya! - Alyson
Post a Comment