Wednesday, October 2, 2013

JOY SCHOOL

 
This month we started up our Joy School group again and I just had to snap a few pics of my big girl with her backpack, being all old.  Up to this point we have had our Joy School be a parented program but with the kiddos going off to Kindergarten next year we felt like making this an unparented, once a week gig was a great stepping stone for them (and frankly us - well ME anyway).  The beauty of the Joy School program is that we discuss topics and vocabulary not necessarily typical for the age, but definitely great concepts to introduce.  It sounds a bit granola but this month is the JOY of Work, Discipline and Dependability...would I make a point of teaching these principles to my four year old otherwise?  Not likely. We are also incorporating Animated Literacy this year. I love Joy School and felt those tingles as I dropped her off for the first time and again when I hosted last week.  It is a mom run co-op so it is work, each family hosts a month each taking a turn, but it is worth it. It is a good fit for our family.

 
I just love how pumped Amelia was the first day, eager to get going. 
She came home just as thrilled and enthusiastic about the activities she had done and the letter 'P' she had learned about.  Little sis doesn't quite know how to handle all of her alone time with me, while she actually naps during Joy School so that is cool for me ;)
 
~ Mrs. P


No comments: