Sunday, January 19, 2014

an out pouring of LOVE

 
They call it the 'terrible twos' for a reason, there are moments that are frankly just terrible.  My little lady and I had a particularly challenging week. There were a few days that frustration on both of our parts was the dominant emotion.  Naps are a thing of the past and I have been trying to do a quiet time where each lady gets to pick a bin (I made up 5 bins with special, fun only used during quiet time items).  The idea is that they pick a bin and then hang quietly listening to music, playing with the toys from the bin, reading their library books and perhaps even sleeping on their beds ha! Sleep happened only once this week for Miss Stella. It is like my girls don't like sleep. Quiet Time has about a 20-30 min run, but it has kept me sane this week. I feel kind of bad writing that, but this momma needed quiet time herself.
 
One afternoon was particularly hard, Stella was spazzing in her room and I was on my verge. A friend popped into my mind so I called her.  I was certainly prompted to do so because her words have been echoing in my ear - show an outpouring of LOVE!!!!!  Not that you let behaviors go or stop teaching but give lots of love and attention.  I know that this little chick needs my touch and time, pretty sure those are her love languages.  This was a good reminder for me.  So during JoySchool it was just Stella and I so we made running a few errands special.  It was such fun, she was such a little goofball. It was seriously SO FUN!  Such good advice to remember, especially when things are challenging 'show and outpouring of LOVE'.
 
~ Momma P





No comments: