Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter Sunday


Today was the culmination of the last week of the Savior's life, we celebrate His resurrection!
In a world that can be dark, were sad things that test one's heart, there is hope and light in our Savior Jesus Christ.  In the midst of our sorrows or in our great blessings, Jesus is our guide. I am grateful to know that and hope that I can help our  little woman come to know and feel that too!

 I LOVE this sign that Amelia made for Gramma and Grandpa's front door!

I love that we have had so much cousin time! It really has been a marvelous weekend of extended family togetherness, we miss Mr. P but are having a blast with our cousins.  Easter dresses were vintage this year!  Real deal worn by my sisters and I over 25 years ago.  Jacey and Amelia wore dresses that my momma had sewn for us when we were little.  Stella and Neely had matching Mini World dresses that twirled so well ;)  The little ladies were so adorable!  I did twists of some sort in everyone's hair (because I like doing hair) and each woman had a bow or two to tie them all together.  It was pretty special to have such sentimental spring dresses! I love that my mom has hung onto some of our things and now our little women are getting to use them.
 

Now before we gathered the littles for breakfast or church there was a visit from the Easter Bunny that we needed to address!  Each little ones had a basket full of goodies and there were over 130 eggs hidden, just waiting to be found.  Kids ROCK!!!





 

During singing time for the children at church today my mom taught them a song and brought her large marble Christus statue.   At the conclusion of her lesson she allowed each child to come up and feel His hands and touch His feet.  She is a stellar teacher and there was such reverence from the children as she helped them learn the words.  Sitting there today with my girls in front of me it was so special to have our girls learn from their Gma, hear her bear her testimony of Jesus Christ and for us all to be reminded about what the ultimate focus of today is.

Did Jesus Really Live Again?
 
1. Did Jesus really live again?
Yes, when the third day came,
He wakened and he left the tomb;
He called Mary's name.
2. Did Jesus come to those he loved?
Yes, people touched his feet,
And of the fish and honeycomb
He did truly eat.
3. And there were nail-prints in his hands
And a spear wound in his side.
Did Jesus really live again
After he had died? Oh yes! And so shall I!



A highlight for me happened just before bed tonight after scriptures.  Stella turns and says to us, "Guess What? Jesus loves Heavenly Father and He loves us!".  YES, YES, YES Stella He does!!!

~ Mrs. P 


No comments: