Sunday, March 13, 2016

Womanhood ~ our DIVINE NATURE


The above quote was all over Facebook for International Women's Day and it made me smile, I think it is awesome! Recently preparing to share a spiritual thought on Divine Nature for my girls at church I came across a few things that also made me smile and resonated with my soul.

The Family: A Proclamation to the World states:
"All human beings - male and female are created in the image of God. Each is a beloved spirit son or daughter of heavenly parents, and, as such, each has a divine nature and destiny.  Gender is an essential characteristic of individual premortal, mortal, and eternal identity and purpose."

Glenn L. Pace says "...our divine nature(s) is a necessary element in bringing about perfection, we must guard against any deterioration of those natures. Sisters, keep in mind anything that detracts from your divine nature should be avoided. You live in a time when you have more opportunities and options available to you than any other women have had throughout the history of mankind. Some of these options will complement your God-given natures. Others will chip away at it. Some things will make you strong. Others will make you hard. Some will increase your spiritual sensitivity. Others will separate you from the Spirit. 
...when you stand in front of your heavenly parents in those royal courts on high and look into Her eyes and behold Her countenance, any question you ever had about the role of women in the kingdom will evaporate into the rich celestial air, because at that moment you will see standing directly in front of you, your divine nature and destiny."

When things give me cause to worry for the future, there is always hope. I am grateful for strong women in my family who are role models to me and remind me by their words and actions what is important in life. I hope that I can be an example to my ladies of what really matters most.  Growing up I felt like I had tremendous opportunity before me and my girls have even more.  They are lucky to live in a place where almost everything is within their grasp to achieve, there are no barriers or limitations.  I hope that they also cling to their divine natures as women, remember their divine potentials and rise to achieve those too!


~ Momma P

No comments: