I say it a lot but children make every holiday come alive and give cause for celebration!!!
We decorated the mantle last week and the girls got a kick out of the boy playing his guitar on a toadstool and the girl playing her harp. It makes me feel good that some of my 'teacher stuff' gets used at home. We all wondered if there would be any mischievous leprechaun tricks happening over night and there were!!!! The girls stuffies were moved from their beds and lined the hallway! Their very favourite stuffie's were switched; Stella had Chihuahua in her bed and Amelia had Cuddle Bear! Stella had built a trap on the kitchen stool and aptly noted movement of her 'trap'. It was a pretty fun morning!!!! Amelia had also built a trap at school during science but didn't catch a leprechaun there either but it was fun to hear all about the other mischievous tricks that happened to friends from school and Joy School ;) We finished off the day with a Lucky Charm dinner with the Birds, I think there was also some toast and sugar cookies...surprisingly bedtime wasn't any later then it has been due to daylight savings :( There was however big plans discussed for next years trap and confessions of perhaps seeing the leprechaun in action during the night ;) Kids ROCK!
The girls made these Girl Leprechaun's to add to our decorations :)
In a last minute switch with friends Stella and I hosted Joy School and it was a blast!!!! Because it was last minute there was a lot of things I had done before that were easy for us to pull together. It was SO MUCH FUN! They loved throwing coins at me - but first they had to tell me the letter I was holding and it's sound then they tossed away, awesome.
Love holidays!
Love my little women!
I read a great blog post from a friend, 'NOT a Holiday Pinterest Mom'. The title alone made me smile, I would say I LIKE being a holiday pinterest mom and love doing the creative ideas out there with my family, it brings me great joy to craft and decorate with my girls. BUT I am no pro in the kitchen and really struggle with creativity there, while I enjoy baking, cooking is just NOT my thing. Her thoughts were interesting because she is a fabulous, healthy, cook from scratch, grow your own food momma....while I do not have that as a strength I am still encouraged by her and want to strive to get better in that area. Life is beautiful sometimes, we are all so different, a beautiful mix. Just a little holiday after thought ;)
~ Jenny
We decorated the mantle last week and the girls got a kick out of the boy playing his guitar on a toadstool and the girl playing her harp. It makes me feel good that some of my 'teacher stuff' gets used at home. We all wondered if there would be any mischievous leprechaun tricks happening over night and there were!!!! The girls stuffies were moved from their beds and lined the hallway! Their very favourite stuffie's were switched; Stella had Chihuahua in her bed and Amelia had Cuddle Bear! Stella had built a trap on the kitchen stool and aptly noted movement of her 'trap'. It was a pretty fun morning!!!! Amelia had also built a trap at school during science but didn't catch a leprechaun there either but it was fun to hear all about the other mischievous tricks that happened to friends from school and Joy School ;) We finished off the day with a Lucky Charm dinner with the Birds, I think there was also some toast and sugar cookies...surprisingly bedtime wasn't any later then it has been due to daylight savings :( There was however big plans discussed for next years trap and confessions of perhaps seeing the leprechaun in action during the night ;) Kids ROCK!
The girls made these Girl Leprechaun's to add to our decorations :)
In a last minute switch with friends Stella and I hosted Joy School and it was a blast!!!! Because it was last minute there was a lot of things I had done before that were easy for us to pull together. It was SO MUCH FUN! They loved throwing coins at me - but first they had to tell me the letter I was holding and it's sound then they tossed away, awesome.
Love holidays!
Love my little women!
I read a great blog post from a friend, 'NOT a Holiday Pinterest Mom'. The title alone made me smile, I would say I LIKE being a holiday pinterest mom and love doing the creative ideas out there with my family, it brings me great joy to craft and decorate with my girls. BUT I am no pro in the kitchen and really struggle with creativity there, while I enjoy baking, cooking is just NOT my thing. Her thoughts were interesting because she is a fabulous, healthy, cook from scratch, grow your own food momma....while I do not have that as a strength I am still encouraged by her and want to strive to get better in that area. Life is beautiful sometimes, we are all so different, a beautiful mix. Just a little holiday after thought ;)
~ Jenny
No comments:
Post a Comment