We have really bean utilizing our trailer this year - yeah us!!!
Heading out to Whitecourt as become a bit of a tradition. Graham's old friends are gems, seriously great guys, who have great families. Amelia LOVED the big girls, we LOVED getting to visit with our friends and little Jack was LOVED by all!!! Everyone LOVED the private dock our group site had. Fishing was likely one of the highlights for everyone. Scott has a fishing business and was actually the only one to catch anything but he also brought the girls their first fishing rods :) The smiles say it all.
We had a stellar view of the lake and I totally appreciate that camping really forces me to just let the ladies go....exploring, getting dirty, experiencing....I know I can be a bit of a hover, smother and I like that camping allows me to let go. We all love being in nature! Such beauty watching the setting sun across the lake.
What would camping be without a bit of rain?! We had some on and off the whole weekend. We were able to sneek in a little beach time, which the girls liked but when you are 5 & 7 splashing in puddles and playing with worms is pretty darn cool too! Because we had a group site the shelter was WONDERFUL for the raining times so we could all be together. Picnic tables, walls on three sides and a fireplace, so great.
I LOVE this one of Dion colouring, he picked a Star Wars page. I received an adult colouring book last year for my birthday and finally finished my first page this summer, woohoo! Clearly I don't spend hours and hours colouring in my book.
On our way out of town, enroute to our next camping stop (yes for reals we did two back to back) we stopped for lunch and I pulled out the girls Travel Journals. It was so awesome to hear what highlights the girls wrote about. Amelia liked playing with the big girls Allie and Sarah, while Stella really enjoyed fishing, such fun family times! The girls love it, Mr. P loves it so of course I do too!!!!!
I have this crazy goal to take family pictures with 'Weird Alberta Destinations' so we hit up our first;
#1 Oil Derricks of Drayton Valley
Summer rocks!
~ Mrs. P
No comments:
Post a Comment