Monday, July 18, 2016

check ups {eyes, muscles & teeth}


We had a busy week of check-ups, seemed to get everything in this week hahaha   At least they are done and over with, mostly anyway.  

EYE CHECK - We are diligent about eyes and the little ladies just adore their optometrist Dr. Constantine, she always has pretty earings and fancy nail polish.  Stella had a new prescription so she scored a couple new pairs of glasses.  My ladies aren't really rough and tumble but we learned early on that having two pairs of glasses are a good idea.  This time she decided to try getting some sunglasses, we shall see how much those end up being used.


MUSCLE CHECK - The women are followed by doctors at the Glenrose Hospital and get yearly checkups for their muscle development.  When we go there I always feel incredibly thankful for the facility we have at our finger tips.  The girls and I all have a super rare muscle condition that isn't degenerative, which we are grateful for.   I always describe it as initial strength just limited endurance, we are just kinda wimpy. They are able to answer any questions I have and offer great suggestions. We have great services through the Glenrose; physical therapy consultations, dietician consultations and speech, super grateful. 

TEETH CHECK - Something else I am super grateful for, the dentist!!! Mostly grateful for anyway haha.  Amelia ended up having three cavities the poor girl.  The was a trooper though.  The check ups went great.  The first filling for big A went excellent, the second filling she ended up biting her lip while the freezing was still in it and it was super traumatic for everyone! We have yet to go back for the third. Ugh, necessary but not fun :(


 Amelia says she "LOVES going to visit the dentist!"  She really did say that after her first filing. Oh my positive girl.


As I reflect on the services we have in our Country, such gratitude.  There was very minimal cost to us personally this week.  Kids get taken care of in our country!!!!!  Kids SHOULD ALWAYS be taken care of.

~ Mrs. P

No comments: