Saturday, January 28, 2012

Built in BFFs

I love my siblings!
It is one of the hopes I have for my girls, that they too can consider their sister a BFF.

A few recent snapshots of our little girlies! Love them and their sister love.


Growing up my mom would say to us that in life the longest relationship we will have is the one with our siblings.  If you consider your parents are roughly 20-30 years older and will likely pre-desease you and a partner you don't generally meet until you are 20-30 years into life BUT your siblings....they are with you for the majority of this life.  She would remind us of this in the heat of some sibling battle, not always effective usually exactly what you didn't want to hear.  A great philosophy though.
Crazy to think about right?! Now that I'm a little older, man it totally makes sense and is motivating to work at those sibling relationships. They are with us for the long haul.
I always think too, they know my 'stuff' and not just my 'stuff' but our 'family stuff'...everyone has it, but with your sibs - no explaination necessary because hey they were there too!!!!!
I have just been thinking about my sibs lately and how gosh darn glad that they are here with me trucking through life.  I really do hope that my little girlies can have the same kind of relationship with each other.  Eventhough in my family each of us are TOTALLY DIFFERENT, we are alike in many ways and such a support to one another.  Ok, I am getting a little emotional here. I just had to write a post up about this though because goodness these guys are great! 
So glad we come from the same fam.

Just a sibling pic from Amelia's First Birthday!

Water Park Sister & Babe Photos
Dec 2009         Jan 2012

I have to record a little shout out to my SIL Jenn, she is fabulous also!  It is wild to think we've been sisters for nearly 10 years. I know she too has my back with anything life could bring.   We have gone through some tough stuff together as a family but have done it together.

My married in sib...Jenn


Kind of a more serious post but it has been rolling around in my head for awhile because I have been feeling such gratitude for my sibs lately.  Also, just putting in another pic of my women because they are so cute in their matching leggings!!!! I totally have a legging obsession, no seriously I do!!!!

Cuteness!

Ode to Siblings ~ Mrs. Jenny Polischuk
Sister to Alyson
Sister to Leslie
Sister to Mikel
Sister to Jenn

No comments: