Julie & Dan's Wedding Sept 2011
Brandi*Jodi*Julie*Me*Amy
There is something so comforting about old friends.
The fact that they know all your old stories, the good, the not so good and loved you through the bad style you had in high school. So comfortable, easy to slip back into the fun banter and be reminded the reason you became friends.
The other night Brandi, Jodi and Julie were in Edmonton. I braved the crazy snow and drove in to meet up with them. Jodi's little girlies Kamryn and Kori were there too...adorable. I am bummed that I never took a pic of us all. It was such fun to catch up on life. Travel, work, husbands and kidlets were the hot topics, good times. I hope our little ladies will be fortunate to make good friends. I feel so blessed to have girls near and far that I know I could call for anything and I sometimes do...potty training to recipes to their frank opinion on things. When we had both Amelia and Stella it blew me away the love that came at us!!!! Cards, gifts, facebook msgs, people rock! Super cool to know they were excited for us and just had to share the love. Even the comments people write about our blog, so nice. Mr. P has good friends too and his dudes are pretty rad also! We are lucky. One of the rotten things about being an adult is the limited time available to just hang out. You know, work, laundry and all the other boring adult stuff we have to do. I guess the pro about being old is that you can drive to meet them (because you own a car) and you can afford big stuff like weddings (Graham gets to head to Cuba this spring). I am grateful for all my 'old' friends, we are actually kinda literally getting 'old'...they are goodies!!!
~ Mrs. P

No comments:
Post a Comment